I took one sip of this American XXX Born – Bourbon Whiskey and had to grit my teeth and swallow, desperate to get this mixture of kerosene and gasoline sliding over my tongue anywhere that wasn’t my taste buds. Sadly, I can’t blame the proof, as this is only 83 proof, so it is the taste and blend that really just turn this into an undrinkable liquid.
This is one of the few glasses of bourbon I actually could not muscle through, even if I didn’t like it. I had to get up and pour this out, and I felt relief doing it. Usually if I don’t like a Bourbon I can make it drinkable by adding some ice to take the edges off, but this was just straight up rocket fuel. All the edges were rough and no amount of ice or water could save it. Even at the $25 price point there are way better options out there. Just because you are on a budget does not mean that you have to torture yourself.
American XXX Born Bourbon as earned every bit of its 1/100. What earned it that 1 point? The fact that I can still use it to clean guns and carburetors.
Spend your money elsewhere.
Furnace kerosene and carrot juice.
- Clean carburetors.
- Clean guns.
- Torture someone you don’t like by giving them horrible bourbon.
- Will it burn? Its over 80 proof so the general rule would be that yes, it should burn. So you can use it to ignite zombies with an impromptu Molotov cocktail.
- Sterilize medical instruments.
- Refill the small portion you drank, reseal, and give to that guy in the office you really don’t like.
- Burnt my mouth and throat, and not in a good way.
- Waste of $26 dollars.
- Gives bourbon a bad name.