I am always on the look out for new whiskeys whenever I am out and about, so i was super excited when I saw this Breaker on the shelf at my local store.
I poured my usual two fingers into my favorite Yeti Tumbler and swirled it around so I could breath in the sweet aroma of this deep amber bourbon before I took a sip.
The nose on Breaker hits hard, but in a good way. There are a lot of things too appreciate on the nose. There is vanilla and citrus that blends really nicely with caramel that ends with a nice bit of spicey pepper.
While the nose was amazing, things really fell apart on the first sip. The Rye and spice just don’t work for me.
I know I don’t like strong Rye whiskeys, but I keep trying. Unfortunately, I found that Breaker was not something I enjoyed. I’m giving it a 29/100, making it Just Bad. I was able to drink a few sips before pouring it out and going to my stand by, Basil Hayden’s.
Overly brewed tea.
- Sweet nose with hints of vanilla.
- Deep amber color that invites you to sip.
- Surprisingly rough. I expected this to be smooth.
- The nose was better than the palate.
- Too expensive to use for mixers but not smooth enough to drink straight.